Wednesday, 8 June 2016

What's in Your Pocket?

This morning after arising from the dead sleep and going through the morning routine I was getting dressed. Since the temperature outside had dropped to the sub zero single digit  range (as I type this it's 8 deg C) I had chosen to wear long pants which meant re-positioning my every day carry items. As I did this my wife commented that I had a lot of things in my pockets and that got me thinking. 

Every day when I get up one of the things I do is look at my EDC stuff and figure out what I will need during the upcoming period of wakefulness, today was no different. I looked at my EDC stuff and discarded a few items that I suspect I would not need and went downstairs. 

Here are the items that I carry depending upon the to-do list and where I will be during the day. 
  • Swiss Army Pioneer Knife - it has just the right amount of tools on it that I use regularly.
  • A Bic lighter - melting rope ends, using on heat shrink, lighting candles. 
  • Wallet  -  for my "vast wealth"
  • Maglite Solitaire flashlight and a spare battery - My eyes ain't what they used to be.
  • Ear Plugs - For when I'm using various pieces of power equipment.
  • Cleaning cloth for my glasses.
  • Tuff Writer pen - It's a hold over from my security days.
  • Metal container with toothpicks. 
  • My Gray Wolfe challenge coin - for luck.
Not Shown
  • My cell phone - Long distance, next best thing to being there. 
  • My Ray Ban sunglasses - I have an image to live up to too you know, and
  • My key-ring

So what's in your pocket?

I see that Ms Clinton has wrapped up the Democratic nomination but Bernie Sanders just will not quit. The saddest thing about all of this is that the biggest losers are the American people. On the one side the candidate is a career criminal politician who has engaged in activities that in any other circumstances would have ended in jail time. On the other side is a "business" person with no political experience, who is also scandal prone and is a raciest.  


So my American friends here are the choices for the next four years. Just remember what Woody Allen once said:




“More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.”

With that in mind I hope that you folks down South choose well.  As for me it's time to go. That's all from up here North of Disorder.








No comments:

Post a Comment