Friday, 24 June 2016

Waves in a pool

The English Bulldog wins
I've been up for a little while now trying in vain to digest what I stayed up for and watched last night.  Brexit. The shock waves are rebounding around the world now like waves in a pool. The imitate results were a huge drop in the British pound and a drop in the Euro. On a personal note the drop in the euro, if it holds, will be nice for when we visit Germany this fall. All I can say for certainty right now is the next two years of negations between the EU and UK are going to be interesting. In the wings there are other countries that are not so pleased with the EU and this could be the start of it all unraveling. Given how interconnected the world is I hope this isn't like a starting chapter in a dystopian novel. I like to read them but I would not want to live one.

Well here are a few links for you. 

A bit of good news from Halifax. A ninety four year old vet, who has had to fight for a bed at federally-funded Camp Hill Veteran's Memorial hospital in Halifax, has won and will get to die in peace. This is a fight the old fellow should never have had to make. 

It hasn't been twenty four hours since the votes were counted in Britain and already there are those trying to pick the bones.  

In England this is true now more than ever.
If we Look at the searches on google about Brexit that were made by the British voters is added to Nigel Farage (leader of the Exit side) basically admitting that he lied to get Britons to vote exit this is more true then ever. Well the Brits have made their bed and now will have to sleep in it. 

I have to admit something, I'm not a big fan of heights. I have never been able to step out onto the glass bridge at the CN Tower for example, even knowing I am totally safe.  Here is another such ride that I will never, ever experience. Why? These things are built by the lowest bidder and if you look at it from that standpoint, think of the space shuttles. Remember what happened to some of the space shuttles?  Boom... 

Well that's about all for me today. I'm off to cut grass then work on my new/old trailer. Signing off from up here North of Disorder.


No comments:

Post a Comment