Sunday, 19 June 2016

Happy Father's Day

To all of you Dads out there Happy Father's Day. I don't have any kids and my two Dads (father and father-in-law) are gone but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be a good day for you guys. And kids, take this day and every day while your Dad is still around to let him know how you feel. Very few things are worse that having regrets later for things left unsaid, undone. This afternoon my wife and I are going to visit my Father-in-law, or at least where he was laid to rest. My Father-in-law, my friend passed on a few years ago and these days (I hope) he is armored advisor to God him (her?) self. It's times like these that I really miss him.

Well that's made me sad so here are a few links to brighten the mood.

Public service announcement... Later on there will be questions from your children as they grow up. This is one of those things you really don't want to explain, so don't be this guy

By the same token it is OK to have a bit of fun with the kids, just remember that one day in the far future you will be asked... Why Dad, why?

Here is a good and bad story. It starts with a bad thing, a car crash that puts a student in a coma so a graduation was missed. The story progresses to a good thing being done by friends when the long sleep ends. Very cool. 

Last, but never least for you guys and gals who don't have kids in the normal sense. You can now celebrate, party or just tie one on with your kitties. Hopefully dogs are next on the list. 

Well lunch is calling and I have to go. That's a wrap from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment