Saturday, 18 June 2016

Bittersweet

Today is a bittersweet one. The sun is shining in a perfectly clear blue sky, warm bordering hot. The northern hemisphere is advancing into the summer season. It's a few days from my beloved wife's birthday and today is the anniversary of my friend, my mentor; my Father-in-law's internment. It's times like last night where we were sitting around on the porch having a few beers, laughing and joking that I miss him the most. RIP Dad...

Last night we had a few friends over, it was Friday and that's a time to unwind from the stresses of the week. Have a few beers, have a few laughs, have a few more beers, well you know how that goes and if you don't please feel free to come down from the monastery where you reside and join us.

This morning I was woken up by the sounds of the coffee grinder (good) and an industrial wood chipper (not so good). I'm glad it was the coffee grinder that jolted me back to the land of the living first. Waking up to a wood chipper sound and the “Hey whats that sound? OMG they're feeding me into a wood chipper!!!” feeling is not so nice. A neighbor is in the process of getting rid of some trees he took down to make way for a swimming pool. The only thing that would make today even better will be when my teeny tiny hangover goes away.

Since today is supposed to be “hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut” hot I'm not really planning on doing that much. With the “planning on not doing much” theme in mind here are a few links.

I read this story earlier and my first thought was; why wouldn't you want to sneak a large lizard like an iguana into a courtroom?" I wonder what this person's thought process was at the time. 

It was nice to read that there was no bitterness in this divorce.  

Over the last sew days since that horrible tragic mass murder on Florida there have been some very vile rants about it being "Gods wrath" and some such nonsense. I'm glad to read about this Pastor and his counter point. I wish there were more like him.

The age old problem... Decisions, decisions... Ah, just pick 'em all

Well that's about it for me from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment