Wednesday, 1 June 2016

A New Shiny

It has been an interesting day. The day started off well enough with warm winds and sunny skies. After a delightful breakfast, my wife and I were off to see an old friend to pick up and old/new shiny. 
 
A short time ago my wife started having back issues. The guy who sees her said one of the things maj ust might help was a recumbent style bike. So dreading the cost I started looking around for one. Meanwhile, one of our friends was given a recumbent style bike and while she liked it she didn't have the space to store it. Her biggest problem is that she is just too nice and couldn't say no. Well, the long and the short of it was after my wife mentioned that we were looking for one our friend offered the recumbent style bike to us free as long as we picked it up sooner as opposed to later. So today we went down and took the new/old shiny in our truck. When we got it home and I set it up, I tried it out. Unlike a regular stationary bike, this one was very comfortable. Regular stationary bikes are a pain in the butt literally. Now only time will tell if it becomes a dust collector or we use it. 

Links...

I only have a few links for you today. I know, I know... Retired guy with nothing to do and I can't even post a few good links. 

On the serious side of the spectrum, we have here a case of public servants over stepping their authority and being spoken to for whatever good that will do. It makes me wonder why this would be done. If it is an attempt to strike fear or "know your enemy" or whatever, it's stupid. It's stupid from the PR stand point if nothing else. Don't these fools know that in the end everything comes out? Look at when some over zealous RCMP constables started spying on two journalists, it came to light because no secret is secret for very long. By the way, the follow-up requests for an investigation has been denied. I guess the answer to the question "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"* is nobody.  

On the not so serious side of the spectrum from the "let's get ready to rumble" department we have the story of a fight that broke out at a Wal Mart. Of course there was collateral damage there usually is when fists are a flying. It was in the form of a six-year-old child getting hit and thrown to the floor. The child ended up losing a tooth. I guess it could have been worse, there was no gun play involved. 

Well, that's enough from me up here North of Disorder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment