Sunday, 26 June 2016

2016... Earth Abides

Strangely enough this morning I was wide awake around half past six. Yes that's is an ungodly hour but the fact remains I woke up. By quarter past seven I had come to terms with the realization that sleep would not be dragging me back too the land of slumber so there I was... awake. 

Lately I really haven't been getting up that early, boasting about getting up around ten or so. I had forgotten what a different world early morning is on a weekend. The neighbors haven't started with the lawn mowers and other power tools. There isn't the rush of people headed to work in their loud cars as the go past the house. It's just quiet, peaceful and nice. The only problem now is that I can't have a coffee until my wife gets up. The coffee maker has a built in grinder that is loud enough to wake the dead. Oh well that's the price I have to pay for good coffee I guess. 

I have been looking at the web these last couple of hours seeing what is going on. The Brexit foolishness is still going on and it looks like it ain't going to stop anytime soon. There are a lot of Brits who are down in their cups these days. Can's say that I really blame them that much. Their biggest weakness was to believe what they were being fed by politicians. Oh well they made their bed now they will have to sleep in it I guess.  

Meanwhile in China we have this little story about a trucker bringing his truck in for repairs. The only real issue the police officer who stopped the truck had was the two front wheels that were missing.

Over in the UK they believe in punishing a crime and they will not simply let it go if the bad guy is dead. Kinda like beating a dead horse but that's the Brits for you.

Speaking (writing) of crime it is a big issue in Alaska. There is a rampant theft of street names taking place. Name the street something cool aaannnnnndd it's gone.

Well now that my wife is up and coffee made I am going to have a cup then grab a shower (how does one "grab" a shower?) then get out and face the world. It is such a beautiful day I suspect there will be some sort of watery adventure in the offing later. That's all for me from up here North of Disorder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment