Thursday, 26 May 2016

Who says God Doesn't Have a Sense of Humor?

Yesterday was a nice sunny warm spring/summer kinda day. I did a little maintenance on my lawn tractor (sharpened the blades) then cut the lawn. Today's game plan was for a friend to come over and we would service the blades on his lawn tractor. Of course now there is a seventy percent chance we will be rained out but if he come over we are going to have at it. How does that old saying go? "If you want to give God a good laugh just tell him your plans." Looking outside, ya that sounds about right.

Speaking of plans being interrupted a protester in Dublin stood up and started yelling "This is an outrage!" when Canadian ambassador to England Kevin Vickers dealt with him. You may remember Mr. Vickers, he was the former Parliamentary Sargent-at-Arms that took out  Michael Zehaf-Bibeau  who stormed Parliament in 2014. All I will say is balls, they never grow old.

Well as I write this blog the rain has come and it's pouring outside. I guess the blade thing will have to wait. I have no inside place to do the work and  crawling around on hands and knees in the wet grass has never been a fan favourite in my book.

The other day down at the High Park zoo two capybaras got out and are still at large. 

Animal escapes are nothing new to any zoo. Over the years I spent working at a major zoo escapes were a regular event. Some escapes were serious (Tiger out during Christmas treats walk) and some, like this one, not so much. The only time there were problems were when outside forces took an interest and the media got involved then it became a circus. I hope they manage to get the capybaras back before something stupid happens. Sadly when the public, media and elected officials get involved something stupid almost always happen. 

I see that Two of former Ontario premier Dalton McGuinty's top staffers will be going on trial in September 2017 for breach of trust and mischief. With the next provincial election being held on June 14, 2018 this trial could have the same effect on the Ontario Liberals that the Mike Duffy trial had on the Federal Conservatives. Well at least I hope so. 

OK enough of my rambling. That's all for today from up here North of Disorder. 





No comments:

Post a Comment