Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Getting Old is not for the Weak of Heart.

I have shelved the range day in favor of a little down time. For whatever reason it appears that my left side is acting up. Last night trying to sleep was a bit of a chore that saw me waking up every time I turned over. Hopefully this Friday when I visit to the doc this issue can be dealt with. Boy it sucks getting older but I guess the alternative is worse. It's kinds funny that over the years I have taken a lot of training in first aid, CPR and AED use. The biggest problem is the information I have acquired is just enough to stoke the fire of a hypochondriac like me. Oh well what shall be will be. 

I'm lucky to have a few friends in Germany. While there are those who make fun of the German language (say butterfly in German, [schmetterling] and see how it sounds) it is very descriptive in nature with a lot of simply great words.  

Irony - a situation in which something which was intended to have a particular result has the opposite or a very different result: The lawyer who defended Honda against having mandatory anti roll bars on ATVs was killed in a roll over while on an ATV. 

Have you ever wondered what happens to a lawyer who pisses off a judge?  

Once upon a time West Point was considered the military academy. Not so much anymore I guess. 

Well now that I've taken Ibuprofen to dull the pain in my side it's time to get a little work done. I am going out to get one of those drill powered pumps to try and drain some water from the spare tire wheel well of my car. Last week when I helped launch my friend's sail boat the back of my car got flooded, hell it almost ended up in lake Huron with me in it. Now there is a smell of lake water in the car to deal with and I have to get the damn thing dried out. I guess the saying it true that no good deed will go unpunished. 

That's about all from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment