Wednesday, 13 April 2016

What a Nice Day For a Change

I was up and at 'em at the crack of 10:30ish. After making myself presentable I had to do a little house cleaning over at FB. Then it was a visit to the Twitterverse (@M_J_R_7) to reply to some earlier comments about a post. Now I'm here on the blog. Yep sure was a lot of travelling for simply coming downstairs and turning on the personal confuser. 

I will be going out a little later to knock off a couple of items on the "honey-do" list but aside from that there ain't nothing on the agenda. As I write this the day is beautiful outside. Who knows this winter shut-in of a moth may shuck the cocoon and go for a walk. Ah retirement, the world is my oyster. 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I will be travelling down to the big smoke and seeing an old friend for lunch and a beer, or two. Hopefully the weather will stay as nice as it is now but time will tell. 

I was kinda pissed the other day. Some time ago my gray beast of a Toyota took a stone chip in the lower passenger's side windshield. Seeing that the Toyota is over engineered I chose to not worry about the chip since it was very shallow. Well of course I noticed the crack inn the windshield yesterday. Arrggg! I guess the freezing temps at night which the local  maple syrup producers love caused contraction added to the mild temps during the day causing expansion equal crack.  The game plan is to use the beast until the sticker is due then scrap it. Well the beast has served me very well with well over three hundred on the odometer. 

Looks like Seattle is going to the dogs. The city is licensing food trucks for dogs. Seriously.   I saw this today and was reminded of the food truck wars with the the City of Toronto. Personally I think of the west coast (Canada and the States) as granola country, the land of fruits, nuts and flakes. This story just proves my point.

Then there is this little item that jumped out at me...
I wonder who was holding the beer.

And speaking  writing of road incidents I will leave you with this little video. It took place in Florida and is a video of a run in between some bikers and a motorist.. The bikers  leaned that, crazy as it is, Florida is a "shall issue" state. This means it is the police responsibility to prove an individual should not have a concealed carry permit not the citizen to prove he should so a lot of people carry a guns.


Always remember this when you are in the sunshine state or, for that matter, most of the United States.  As Al Capone said: "You get a lot more from a kind word and a gun than from a kind word alone."

That's about all from up here North of Disorder.





No comments:

Post a Comment