Sunday, 24 April 2016

Twitter

For the last few hours I have been following and adding to a debate on Twitter. Yes before you ask I will admit that I have not life. It's overcast and chilly outside and this is keeping me entertained. 

But I digress...

The discussion has been on Mayor Naheed Nenshi and his saying that the boss of Uber is a dick. One thing that the mayor fails to get is the cost of his regulations of the taxi industry. As I understand it the city issues a limited number of taxi license plates. These are owned by taxi companies who in turn rent them to cabbies. The folks who own the cab licenses get an average of $36,000,000.00 a year as a return on their investment from drivers working ten or twelve hours a day to scratch out a living. Essentially the system is set up along the same lines as the land owners and serfs of old. 

My rebuttal to those who say the system in place for taxis is needed to prevent unsafe conditions on cabs I called BS on. When I was challenged to show a better way I posted this...


To which I was met with a defining wall of silence... Who knows, I may have just shut them up for now.

Well that's about all for now from up here North of Disorder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment