Saturday, 16 April 2016

I Got Nada so it's a Link Day!

So here we are it's a beautiful Saturday with mild temps a soft breeze and it's spring. While it could change as soon as I take a peek at the news, right now I have very little to complain about. So I will flood this blog with a few well chosen tidbits of news and views from around the World Wide Web.

I see that in parts of Colorado the weathertainers are calling for up to four feet of snow. I just don't understand this. Colorado is not part of Canada so this should not be happening. I hope for their sake they haven't taken the snow tires off their trucks.

Funny thing about nature you can do your best to build cities and ignore it but in the end nature may not ignore you. Let this be today's lesson kids, we are all part of the food chain. 

Meanwhile in Orlando... RUN! 

I guess this could have been worse, This person was fined for trying to kill himself. Wasn't it back in the old days the penalty for attempted suicide was death?

So when you are setting out onto the water do do a little fishing first thing is to do it in a boat not try to set sail in a freezer with the door taken off. If you do the Coast Guard may be called and you will wind up on this blog for being the fool everybody knows you are.   

On a closing note let's all thank Swiss Scientist Albert Hoffman who, on this day, discovered the far out properties of LSD. In his own words:

“Last Friday, April 16, 1943, I was forced to interrupt my work in the laboratory in the middle of the afternoon and proceed home, being affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant, intoxicated-like condition characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.”
Of course he just had to return to the lab for another hit to confirm what had happened. All in the name of science you understand.

Well that's about all from me for now. It;s time to get out and enjoy some of the wonderful weather.

à la prochaine my friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment