Friday, 15 April 2016

I Could Get Used to This

What a day, wall to wall sun. I have to say that I could get used to this.

The day started out as it usually has these last few weeks with my wife stirring first. She is up early because of the pain she is in. That''s one of the joys of getting older, things begin to wear out. In her case it's a lower back issue. On the plus side she is getting it looked at.

For me it was the usual struggle to return to the land of the living. I'm in pain now 24/7 and it will be around another month until my issue is sorted out. I have a kidney stone around the size of a dime that is hung up and will not pass. The pain isn't great but it is slowly wearing me down. The only way to describe it is to say that it's like a person is jabbing a slightly rounded stick into my side.

I tried to find out what the lighting issue is with my utility trailer. I checked the wiring and didn't see any pinched wires. All the grounds that I could find have good connections and the ones that didn't I have taken the wire off, scraped the metal for better contact then reattached the wires. It should have no issues but the lights are sketchy.

Speaking of lights one of ours fell down. My wife and I were reading in the living room when all of a sudden there was a loud crash. It startled me out of a months growth and mad my unflappable wife jump. We had an antique light pole that was held in place between floor and ceiling by tension. The light pole was around 50 years old and I really like it's retro look. Tomorrow I'm going to try and find a replacement for the glass that shattered.

The day was a sunny one with a nice and mild temperature when I had the trailer jacked up it was a pleasure to be out. I don't want to jinx things however it may just be that spring has finally arrived. If that is the case and things run true to form then it should be in the mid to high seventies by the end of the month. That's the funny thing up here we tend to have a very drawn out winter then a flash forward kind of spring then a long hot blistering summer followed by a long fall. Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with the short spring it makes me appreciate things all the more.

Today I received one of those emails. Last year I retired from a job that, with a few exceptions I hated. I worked in the Safety and Security branch of the company. On the plus side there were several very likeable people in the organization and I actually miss them. On the down side there were a few who were nothing short of fascists with the attitude that there were only two types of people, the criminals we hatch and the criminals we haven't caught... yet. The email was for the “retirees and staff appreciation day.” Not sure if I will go. There is a free lunch and I will see some old friends but there are the fascists...

Well that's about all from me up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment