Friday, 29 April 2016

Good News Everyone!

Well my wife is out and about doing wife things while I sit here at the personal confuser. Relax I have already been out and about. The snow blower has been officially put to bed for the season with an oil change and re-position to the summer storage location. The lawn tractor is ready to go as is the little lawn mower. Add to all that I swept up some of the lawn, not a lot but some.  

I noted earlier while on the world wide web that in American news it looks like the Republicans are having a WTF moment. Every time I think I have a handle on the mud slinging that goes on in American politics I see something like this. All I have to say is that it's a good thing that dueling is not in vogue. If it were then a majority of this name calling would not happen. What was it that Heinlein said? "An armed society is a polite society." 

In Canada each province has it's own monopoly on the adult beverage business. For example if I want to buy a case of wine from British Columbia I can't. I can't drive out there and pick it up to bring back and I can't have it shipped. I must go through the Liqueur Control Board of Ontario and see if they will import it for me at additional cost. This is true with all the provinces and it's not limited to alcohol. There are a host of issues with inter-provincial free trade. There has been a movement to get these trade barriers struck down but they have had little or no effect... until now.
Gerard Comeau of Campbellton, N.B got caught bringing beer and wine home. He was fined and his beer and wine were taken. He fought the fine and today won his case. It turns out the Provincial law violates the Federal Charter of Rights and Freedoms according to the presiding judge. I'm not going to bore you with the minute details. Just click on the link. Personally I thing this is a step in the right direction. I have always wondered how Canada can have better free trade with other countries via treaties like NAFTA then we do internally. 

Well that's about enough out of me for now from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment